In a few hours over a weekend, I developed a basic TicTacToe game for the Nintendo Switch. I made use of libnx as the base library, and then built on top of some of their examples.
To ease development, I made use of an emulator called Yuzu to do a lot of testing. However, at the time I made this, the emulator did not support touch screen input, so I did still require a fair amount of testing on real hardware as well.
As the base libnx library is relatively limited to just hardware functionality, I did have to build a fair amount of other useful things myself. One of these was the ability to read and display bitmap images, which I used for the player O and X icons. Without this, I would have been limited to only drawing individual pixels. While the images I used in the game were fairly basic, you can see on of my test images in the gallery which is a full 32bit bitmap with an alpha channel as well.
Check out the video to see the game in action on a real Nintendo Switch!
The code is also up on github: https://github.com/3Daniel/switch-oxo